There are a few basic boxes that we check off when considering a listing for the directory.
- Is the business locally owned?
- Does the business use or sell locally-sourced materials (ingredients, products, etc.)?
- Does the business make its products locally?
After that, we like to consider these questions:
- Does this business provide organic options?
- Are eco-friendly practices in place?
- Is this business working on becoming zero-waste and/or plastic-free?
- Does this business give back to the community?
You will see tags for each of these values on the listing if they apply to the business.